Let’s start and focus on some of the good things that happened in 2021.
- My first NEW new car.
- Family camping trip, take 2. A fantastic escape with the best people! A two-day road trip. Death Valley. Bodie Ghost Town. Loon Lake near Lake Tahoe. The Clown Motel.
- Getaways with the boys. Disneyland twice. California Adventure. Knott’s Berry Farm. Plus waking up next to the ocean!
- Staycations. So many fun nights on the Strip with Nick. Drinks, slots, and so, so, so much walking.
- Chicago. Meeting Nick’s family and friends. Museum. The Bean. Downtown Chicago. Italian beef. Deep dish pizza.
- Shows! Backstreet Boys/NSYNC/Boyz II Men. The Nutcracker. A Christmas Carole.
- Bowling league with my dad, brother, and brother-in-law.
- So many hockey games. Go, Knights, Go!
- Celebrating 2 years with Nick.
- Ending the year in the best financial position of my entire life.
- Getting ghosted by my mom. Though it did help me to realize that I don’t want a relationship with her that is going to be me pretending I don’t know about her “second life.”
- The first half of the year was still an adventure in distance learning. We got through it, but man that shit was hard.
- Too many health scares. Finding out my dad had skin cancer. (It was all successfully removed. Thank god!) An abnormal pap, HPV, and colposcopy for myself. (The biopsy came back benign. Again, thank god!)
Way more good than bad. Here’s to 2022!